Over 1 billion Americans traveled vacationed last year alone. As tourism continues to rise, its impacts continue to rise as well on the most popular destinations for travel around the world. While traveling can have impacts on destinations and the world, it does not have too. By learning how to be a more environmentally conscious traveler, you can travel and feel confident that you are reducing your impact.
Today, traveling green is generally quite simple. With a few minor changes in how you travel, you too can have a positive impact globally when you travel. Take a look at 5 top green travel tips to help you travel.
5. Get out and travel more environmentally consciously by biking, walking, using public transportation or choose a vehicle which is smaller and more efficient if you choose to rent a vehicle.
4. Choose to reuse when you travel. Rather than purchasing bottles of water and soaps and shampoos in smaller bottles, buy bottles which can be refilled and do so when you travel.
3. Avoid layovers when possible. The majority of the carbon emissions from a plane is occur during landings and takeoffs. For this reason, choosing to fly non-stop can greatly reduce your carbon footprint when you travel.
2. Find green accommodations. While this can be as rustic as a tent in a national park, it may also include thousands of hotels and motels around the world. Today, accommodations are doing their part to help with the environment as well. From using recycled materials to utilizing alternate sources of energy, using soap dispensers rather than bottles and giving you the option of skipping the new towel, these are just a few of the ways accommodations can accommodate the environment.
1. Reduce your power use. The best way you can reduce your carbon footprint is by reducing your energy usage. From unplugging unused electronic devices at your home to turning down the heat or air in your hotel room and ensuring that all lights are off while you are away, you can do your part to ensure a better world even when you travel.
Island Trader Vacations offers news and information to help you travel. Travel smarter and enjoy travel more with tips to help you from Island Trader Vacations reviews.